Chikungunya Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in chikungunya. Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is an insect-borne virus, of the genus Alphavirus, that is spread by Aedes mosquitoes. Chikungunya infection causes fever and severe joint pain. Other symptoms include muscle pain, headache, nausea, fatigue and rash. The disease shares some clinical signs with dengue, and can be misdiagnosed in areas where dengue is common. There have been recent breakouts of chikungunya in Africa, Asia and the Indian subcontinent. In recent decades mosquito vectors of chikungunya have spread to Europe and the Americas. In 2007, disease transmission was reported for the first time in Europe. There is no cure for the disease. Treatment is focused on relieving the symptoms.
The objectives of Chikungunya Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for chikungunya and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to chikungunya.
- Multiplex detection of antibodies to Chikungunya, O'nyong-nyong, Zika, Dengue, West Nile and Usutu viruses in diverse non-human primate species from Cameroon and the Democratic Republic of Congo - DocWire News
Thu, 21 Jan 2021 06:00 GMT
- PLOS Papers on B Cell Lymphoma, E. coli Bloodstream Infections, Indonesian Chikungunya - GenomeWeb
Mon, 28 Dec 2020 08:00 GMT
- Chikungunya Fever Drugs Market Report 2020 Global Industry Size, Segment by Key - Business-newsupdate.com
Wed, 20 Jan 2021 01:00 GMT
- Methacycline Shows Promise Against Zika Virus in... : Neurology Today - LWW Journals
Thu, 21 Jan 2021 05:02 GMT
- The new mosquito bringing disease to North America - BBC News
Fri, 15 Jan 2021 08:00 GMT
- Bharat Biotech behind vaccines against Zika, Chikungunya - The Indian Express
Mon, 04 Jan 2021 08:00 GMT
- Structural basis of Chikungunya virus inhibition by monoclonal antibodies - pnas.org
Wed, 21 Oct 2020 07:00 GMT
- Checking on Chikungunya - NASA
Mon, 27 Jul 2020 07:00 GMT
- Chikungunya may affect central nervous system as well as joints and lungs - EurekAlert
Wed, 04 Nov 2020 08:00 GMT
- Lateral Thoughts: Don't blame it on the mosquito - Down To Earth Magazine
Fri, 22 Jan 2021 07:30 GMT
- Chikungunya Fever Drugs Market Size By Analysis, Key Vendors, Regions, Type and Application, and Forecasts to 2027 - NeighborWebSJ
Mon, 18 Jan 2021 01:36 GMT
- Q&A: Chronic Chikungunya Arthritis vs. Rheumatoid Arthritis - Rheumatology Network
Tue, 07 Jul 2020 07:00 GMT
- Chikungunya – Chad : Disease outbreak news, 24 September 2020 - Chad - ReliefWeb
Thu, 24 Sep 2020 07:00 GMT
- Valneva's Chikungunya Vaccine Candidate Awarded EMA Prime Designation - GlobeNewswire
Fri, 16 Oct 2020 07:00 GMT
- Chikungunya Virus Nucleic Acid Detection Kit Market Demand & Future Scope Including Top Players - Jumbo News
Wed, 20 Jan 2021 17:52 GMT
- PRO> Invasive mosquito - Dominican Republic
Tue, 29 Dec 2020 06:39:09 -0500
Pests -- Dominican Republic
_Aedes vittatus_ Bigot is distributed throughout Africa, tropical Asia, and southern Europe and occurs in sylvatic as well as peridomestic environments where it readily feeds on humans. Although the vectorial capacity of _Ae. vittatus_ is not well understood, this species is known to play a role in the maintenance and transmission of yellow fever, Zika, chikungunya, and dengue viruses within its native range. In October 2019, after a routine inspection of mosquito-breeding
- Chikungunya virus ECSA lineage reintroduction in the northeasternmost region of Brazil.
- Multiplex detection of antibodies to Chikungunya, O'nyong-nyong, Zika, Dengue, West Nile and Usutu viruses in diverse non-human primate species from Cameroon and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Promising inhibitors of nsp2 of CHIKV using molecular docking and temperature-dependent molecular dynamics simulations.