Chikungunya Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in chikungunya. Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is an insect-borne virus, of the genus Alphavirus, that is spread by Aedes mosquitoes. Chikungunya infection causes fever and severe joint pain. Other symptoms include muscle pain, headache, nausea, fatigue and rash. The disease shares some clinical signs with dengue, and can be misdiagnosed in areas where dengue is common. There have been recent breakouts of chikungunya in Africa, Asia and the Indian subcontinent. In recent decades mosquito vectors of chikungunya have spread to Europe and the Americas. In 2007, disease transmission was reported for the first time in Europe. There is no cure for the disease. Treatment is focused on relieving the symptoms.
The objectives of Chikungunya Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for chikungunya and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to chikungunya.
- Chikungunya Vaccine Is On The FDA’s Fast-Track - Vax Before Travel
Tue, 07 Jan 2020 08:00 GMT
- Emergent BioSolutions gets approval to pursue chikungunya virus vaccine - Homeland Preparedness News
Tue, 14 Jan 2020 08:00 GMT
- Outbreak update – Chikungunya in Sudan, 21 December 2019 - Sudan - ReliefWeb
Thu, 09 Jan 2020 08:00 GMT
- A Zika vaccine could save suffering and costs: Study shows a Zika vaccine for women of childbearing age doesn't have to be perfect to be valuable - Science Daily
Thu, 23 Jan 2020 18:46 GMT
- Skin cream applied to mosquito bites stops viruses infecting mice - New Scientist News
Wed, 22 Jan 2020 19:08 GMT
- Minister: 'Sudan free of dengue, chikungunya' - Radio Dabanga
Sun, 05 Jan 2020 08:00 GMT
- Chikungunya epidemic in Djibouti: ‘Unprecedented’, according to media report - Outbreak News Today
Sat, 18 Jan 2020 12:01 GMT
- Emergent Bio receives EMA agreement for chikungunya vaccine candidate - Seeking Alpha
Mon, 13 Jan 2020 08:00 GMT
- Brazil: Pernambuco reports increase in arboviruses; dengue, Zika and chikungunya in 2019 - Outbreak News Today
Fri, 10 Jan 2020 08:00 GMT
- Chikungunya cases triple in 2019 in Thailand - Outbreak News Today
Mon, 13 Jan 2020 08:00 GMT
- Heavy rains put Kenya at risk of mosquito-borne diseases - The Conversation Africa
Wed, 22 Jan 2020 14:16 GMT
- How chikungunya virus may cause chronic joint pain - Science Daily
Thu, 29 Aug 2019 07:00 GMT
- This skin cream may protect against dengue, zika viruses - Outlook India
Sun, 26 Jan 2020 12:36 GMT
- Ethiopia Confirms Chikungunya Virus Outbreak - Vax Before Travel
Fri, 11 Oct 2019 07:00 GMT
- 92% of state’s chikungunya cases in 2019 from Canacona - Times of India
Thu, 23 Jan 2020 03:14 GMT
- PRO/ALL> New in IJID (01): January 2020
Wed, 01 Jan 2020 10:25:25 -0500
Tuberculosis, Antimicrobial resistance, Other Human Disease, Pneumonia, Respiratory Syncytial Virus, Q Fever, HIV/AIDS, Measles, Influenza, Dengue, Hepatitis B, Hantavirus, Gastroenteritis, Schistosomiasis, Leishmaniasis, Chikungunya, Rickettsia -- Syria
Frequent testicular involvement in multibacillary leprosy
Hendra Gunawan, Pati Aji Achdiat, Rachel Marsella Rahardjo, Reti Hindritiani, Oki Suwarsa
International Journal of Infectious Diseases, Volume 90, January 2020, pp. 60-64
Antibiotic use among hospitalized adult patients in a setting with limited laboratory infrastructure in Freetown Sierra Leone, 2017-2018
Sulaiman Lakoh, Olukemi Adekanmbi, Darlinda F. Jiba, Gibrilla F. Deen, Wadzani Gashau, Stephen Sevalie, Eili Y.
- Postmortem Chikungunya Diagnosis: A Case Report and Literature Review.
- Attraction Versus Capture: Efficiency of BG-Sentinel Trap Under Semi-Field Conditions and Characterizing Response Behaviors for Female Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae).
- Long-Term Persistence of Chikungunya Virus-Associated Manifestations and Anti-Chikungunya Virus Antibody in Southern Thailand: 5 Years After an Outbreak in 2008-2009.
- Small Molecule Inhibitors Targeting Chikungunya Virus.
- Designing effective control of dengue with combined interventions.